Monday, November 1st, 2010...12:07 pm
It’s November! ….. Now Consider Looking Backwards for just a Moment
Alas…here we are…in the eleventh month of this year! Do we look forward or reflect back on how we’ve done so far?
I’m going to suggest backward first….take a moment and consider what inner growth you have made this year? Are you able to see the results of some hard work….showing kindness, patience, practicing altruism? (You may want to have a look at a brand new incentive that I am committed to teaching and sharing with the world: www.theuniversalaltruismproject.com)
Maybe you’ve been focused on some other things: getting your finances in order, healing from the ending of a relationship, looking for love, overcoming injury, building or growing your business, returning to academic study or contemplating doing so…..the choices are endless and they are all important.
But what about the inner you? What about the part of you that needs nourishment, compassion, kindness, motivation, help, encouragement, advice, and/or love? (We all need love!)
Before the end of the year is completely upon us, take this month for delving into the inner you…being kind and nurturing to yourself…and see how much more peaceful, thoughtful, and happy you naturally feel.
And just to get you started…..here are a few ideas:
- leave work early (or on time! without putting in overtime)
- allowing yourself a nap if you feel tired
- going to bed early….how good do you feel the next day?
- letting your feet crunch on some leaves – on purpose!
- taking a walk in nature
- the sweet aroma of a finely brewed cup of coffee and nothing to do but enjoy it
- breakfast out
- trying a new restaurant
- a hot shower!
- another nap! (remember… our bodies’ natural circadian rhythm requires a little more sleep this time of year)
- spontaneous hugs from a friend
- you get the idea……
Consider what you’ve been doing to self-nurture, self-heal……..and get on it!